Time: September 6, 2019 from 6:30pm to 8pm
Location: Pine Jog Environmental Education Center
Street: 6301 Summit Blvd
City/Town: West Palm Beach, FL 33415
Website or Map: https://goo.gl/maps/iZWVbcsGW…
Event Type: fun, meeting
Organized By: Gabriela Hassil
Latest Activity: Sep 6
Topic: John will talk about the Micro Apiary Program and setting up Honeybee Apiaries on public land and possibly differences in land tax codes in urban areas
John is the current Region 6 (our district) Manager with the FSBA (Florida State Beekeepers Association)
Here are a few more pointers to get to know John:
1. is a Florida Registered Beekeeper
2. is a Advanced Beekeeper in the University of Florida's Master Beekeeping program.
3. has developed and manages the Micro Apiary Program with Teresa.
4. supports other beekeepers to expand and developed the MAPS Program.
5. Helps to train and developed the Florida Department of Agriculture Apiary Bureau on the Best Management Requirements for Public Apiaries.
6. Helps to build, stock, and manage Micro Apiaries throughout South Florida
7. is instrumental in making South Florida Beekeepers Association, and the Broward Beekeepers Association the premier education program in South Florida.
8. John is the President of the Broward Beekeepers and South Florida Beekeepers Association.
9. is a member of the Florida Backyard Beekeepers, Palm Beach County Beekeepers Association, & Florida State Beekeepers Association.
10. provides Feral hive rescue services in South Florida.
11. provide Feral hive rescue services for Broward County Park systems, other municipalities and businesses
12. are consultants to local governments on honeybee safety programs for field and maintenance employees.
13. provides education for community local environmental groups, garden clubs, urban & community farms
14. MAP’s program provides a research platform for local universities.
16. is developing a college-based certificate program for beekeeping.