Beekeepers, If anyone has a bee related question please place that question here in comments or reply. We have some awesome beekeepers that are very happy to answer. 

Please remember that the information expressed here are their Opinions.  

Views: 1410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No Angie, they are at the base of a trunk.  No way to shake, and I can't think of any way to scoop them out, so I figure I'd try to lure them into a starter kit. Which is why I am trying to find out the name of the supplier that delivers every month to the meetings.

Thanks,

Rodney

Hey rodney the supplier is south Florida bee supplies http://www.sflbeesupplies.com and the bees most likely have a hive inside the tree you would need to cut them out if so. Can you trade a few pictures and upload them? Try looking up bee tree cut out on YouTube

Okay guys, here are the pictures of the bee hive, one from a distance, the other closerTrap or bait hive maybe?  Or what if I put a deep langstroth near the hive?

Rodney did you watch some videos like i suggested? They are not just sitting on that tree they are living IN it.  They won't just move into your traps. There are 3 ways I've seen to get bees out of a tree. A trap out (you probably won't get the queen) a cut out (literally means cutting the tree up with a chainsaw) or a smoke out (could kill them if you don't know what you're doing) 

I’m only beekeeping one year now, haven’t read this entire thread, if the bees aren’t a danger to anyone, I wouldn’t “rock their world” just to have some bees. Me personally, would hate to harm them and just leave them be.

That's a great idea, at least for now.  Thanks,

Choppie Chops said:

I’m only beekeeping one year now, haven’t read this entire thread, if the bees aren’t a danger to anyone, I wouldn’t “rock their world” just to have some bees. Me personally, would hate to harm them and just leave them be.

Hello, when do I install a bee super box on my hive?

I've been buying pre assembled boxes from sfbeesupply and the last one doesn't fit right.  It has a large gap about 1/4 inch i tried splitting the difference but its too large a gap. For now i wrapped duct tape around it but that's temporary fix.  Does anyone have a good method to fix this? 

I just reread my post and thought i should explain better.  The bottom isn't touching all 4 corners when you set it on a flat surface. outs like a teetertotter  i was thinking maybe sanding it but im not sure that's the best way to fix it

Maybe you could contact South Florida Bee Supply

Thomas said:

I just reread my post and thought i should explain better.  The bottom isn't touching all 4 corners when you set it on a flat surface. outs like a teetertotter  i was thinking maybe sanding it but im not sure that's the best way to fix it

is this the queen?

yes

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Swarm Catchers

To join the group "Swarm Catchers" go to Groups 

click on the group swarm catchers

click on join this group

http://www.palmbeachbeekeepers.com/groups

2017 Swarm Box Location

2018 Swarm Box Location