Good day, If anyone has a bee related question please place that question here in comments or reply. We have some awesome beekeepers that are very happy to answer. 

Please remember that the information expressed here are Opinions.  

"Ask three different beekeepers and you will get four different answers to the same question."

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can somebody provide the name of the supplier that delivers to the monthly meetings?  I'd like to order a starter kit and hood.

No Angie, they are at the base of a trunk.  No way to shake, and I can't think of any way to scoop them out, so I figure I'd try to lure them into a starter kit. Which is why I am trying to find out the name of the supplier that delivers every month to the meetings.

Hey rodney the supplier is south Florida bee supplies and the bees most likely have a hive inside the tree you would need to cut them out if so. Can you trade a few pictures and upload them? Try looking up bee tree cut out on YouTube

If they are on a trunk in which i think that there is most likely a hole. There is a couple of ways to approach this. After you get your supplies. You need to determine the size if the hole or entrance they are using. Like Thomas mentioned can you post a photo?

Okay guys, here are the pictures of the bee hive, one from a distance, the other closerTrap or bait hive maybe?  Or what if I put a deep langstroth near the hive?

Rodney did you watch some videos like i suggested? They are not just sitting on that tree they are living IN it.  They won't just move into your traps. There are 3 ways I've seen to get bees out of a tree. A trap out (you probably won't get the queen) a cut out (literally means cutting the tree up with a chainsaw) or a smoke out (could kill them if you don't know what you're doing) 

Even if you do a trapout it is going to take quite awhile. If you smoke them you loose the brood and the honey staying in the tree.

Reply to Discussion

Build The Bee Lab

Help Build the Bee Lab for research and education. It will be located in Gainesville, FL. Save The Bees! Every dollar counts.

Swarm Catchers

To join the group "Swarm Catchers" go to Groups 

click on the group swarm catchers

click on join this group

2017 Swarm Box Location

2018 Swarm Box Location

© 2018   Created by Palm Beach County Beekeepers.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service